Sunday, July 5, 2015

Body Weight Strength - Tapering

I have been feeling heavy and a bit worn down - or at least less than 100% - so going into the Spartan Super this coming Saturday I am dialing back the intenstiy a bit although still getting good workouts in. 

Today I drove to the park instead of running since my legs felt a bit dead. I will need them next week. I did 3 sets of 4 exercises instead of 5 sets of 3 exercises. The goal was to do all 5 of my super sets but I cut off at 4 due to not feeling like getting in the last one. It also worked out time wise. 

On another note, I saw my friends that at one time wanted to do races with me, and Rob Beeler who has. The takeaway is that I am glad that I have made working out a habit for the last 20 years. All of these guys had taken a decade or more off and their bodies broke down once they tried to kick them into motion. 

Rob's doctor told him about the many imbalances that he had in his body and that caused his problems. Funny thing is that Rob worked with a personal trainer who also noticed the imbalances but ignored them since he was working him into the packaged Cross Fit routine. 

Another guy went to a dietician several years ago and lost 100 pounds. I asked what the nutritionist did to help him and he just told him to eat Paleo and eat right. 

It is unbelievable to me that these guys paid as much money as they did and all they ever needed to do was exercise and eat right. 

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Body Weight Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups - kept neck straight
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Handstand Push Ups

  • Handstand - 3 sets - getting better balance
  • Pike Push Ups - 3, 2, 1 - I am getting my chest to the ground and finding a weakness getting back up


Muscle Ups

  • Pull Ups - 3x3 with hang at end
  • Dips - 3x5 on the parallel bars


Pistol Squats - 3 sets of 5 1 leg squat on bench. Getting better with balance and keeping on heel

1 Arm Push Ups

  • Push Ups - 1 set of 12 regular, 2 sets of 10 going side to side
  • Rows - 1 set of 10 regular, 2 sets of 10 going side to side


No comments:

Post a Comment