Monday, August 10, 2015

Sandbag Legs - Week 4/8 - Cut short

This weekend I had an 8 mile run planned but did less than 1 mile since my legs did not have any strength. I did swim about 8 laps in an Olympic pool. Sunday was a planned rest day and travel day and I was exhausted. Today I was ready to go but stopped my workout after the first sandbag circuit since I felt an ache in the back of my left leg and right above my left glutes. Better to cut it short than hurt myself. I am now wondering what to do going forward with resting and training for the Killington Beast. We shall see.

Time: 7:42

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


Time: 7:49


  • 5x5 Pistols - Getting better with this doing one leg squats on a bench. Balance is improving. Kept a good pace. Did all 5 sets on one leg.


Time: 8

Sandbag Circuit:

  • Step Ups: 10
  • Good Morning: 10
  • Lunges: 10
  • RDL: 10/5


Time: 8:11

No comments:

Post a Comment