Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Saturday Hill Run & Sandbag Carry

In preparing for the Vermont Beast I decided to make my endurance workout a sadbag carry at Port Imperial. This includes the set of steps I have done in preparing for the NJ Beast along with a new found set of stairs. Lots of incline and decline with load.

Since much of the Beast is strength after you are exhausted, I did a warm up run up and down hills before my sandbag carry. This stretched out the duration of my workout and upped the challenge.

I don't want to get over confident but I am not nervous about the Vermont Beast. I did it last year and I am noticably stronger with my upper body and up to the challenge when I test my lower body and legs. As long as I run my race I am going to do just fine.

Hill & Stair Run:

  • Distance: 4.07 miles
  • Time: 50:09
  • Pace: 12:20



Sandbag Carry Hill & Stairs:

  • Distance: 2.45 miles
  • Time: 1:10:57
  • Pace: 29 


Total Workout:

  • Distance: 6.52 miles
  • Total Time: 2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment