Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mountain Trail Long Run - Week 2 of 8

Great workout. I changed my mindset this week when I read an article about preparing for the Beast and the guy plainly said that there really isn't a lot of running but rather power hiking up the mountain. This adjusted my approach so that I focused on distance and endurance and not time. I disciplined myself not to run hills and the result is that I did the same as the last time when I was trying to attack the hills.

I also had a lot of gas left in the tank so I really feel that I will be able to handle the distance in 7 weeks. Great confidence booster. 

Distance: 11.19 Miles
Time: 2:24
Pace: 12:52

Last Time:
Distance: 10.63 miles
Time: 2:16
Pace: 12:53

First Time (there were many pauses of Run Keeper for rest periods)
Distance: 10:81
Time: 2:15
Pace: 12:33

No comments:

Post a Comment