Monday, April 6, 2015

Bench Press - 5/3/1 Cycle 3, Week 3

Since we are now sharing our workouts, let me point you to the 5/3/1 program which, I am finding, allows me to steadily progress with strength training by emphasizing the 4 big lifts (bench, squat, OH press & deadlift) while giving me time and energy to supplement with assistance and conditioning work.

5/3/1/ program: https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
** I have a PDF copy of the book and a programming excel file that I can share if anyone wants to learn more

I use body weight exercises as my assistance work since I think that working my way toward 1 arm push ups, pistol squats and muscle ups is pretty bad ass. Also, it is good to know that I can go to a park and bust out a workout anytime. 

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Bench: 5@65, 5@85, 3@100, 5@120, 3@140, 6@155

Assistance Super Sets: **5x10 or AMAP. Adjust body weight leverage to max at 10 reps

  • Push Ups & Rows (Australian Push Ups)
  • Pull Ups & Dips 


Workout Time: 60 minutes
Weight: 206

No comments:

Post a Comment