Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Deadlifts & OH Press 5/3/1 Cycle 4 Week 1

Well, this is almost the end of the 5/3/1 program. When I got to the gym today there were signs everywhere that starting on Monday the gym would open at 8 am. Talking to an administrator this schedule will continue until Labor Day. Since I am not going to change my schedule it looks like my barbell training is on hold until the fall.

This is good since it gives me the space to concentrate on body weight exercises. Since everything is going to be done at the park I can better make my own schedule. I can also experiment with splits and new conditioning routines.

So, the adjusted plan is to mix body weight strength with conditioning days and flexibility (yoga) through July and the PA Super. At that time I will know where I am and what I need to do for Killington. I will readjust then. In the meantime I will work on progressing toward a muscle up, 1 arm push up, back bridge and pistol squat. 

Anyway, back to today. I woke up late and was tired. In theory I should have done more assistance work but since I will be going 100% body weight next week (and that is the entirety of my assistance work) I was not going to sweat it.

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Deadlifts: 5@130, 5@150, 3@175, 5@210. 5@240, 7@275
OH Press: 5@50, 5@60, 3@70, 5@80, 5@90, 5@105

Hanging Leg Raises/Toes to Bar: 7HLR, 5T2B, 4T2B, 4T2B, 4T2B **grip strength killing me here

Time: 50 minutes
Weight: 208

No comments:

Post a Comment