Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Squats & OH Press 5/3/1 Cycle 4, Week 1

Everything was working against me time wise today. I woke up late, I had to park far down the street from the gym, the walkway to the gym was closed forcing me to take a long detour, there was a line for the bench (almost nobody besides me ever uses the bench), and both power/squat racks were in use. 

I waited a couple of minutes and got to a power rack to do my Squats and then improvised and did OH Press instead of Bench Press. No assistance work. Just went home.

I was nervous about the last set of Squats due to the weight. Surprisingly, I was not only able to do the 5 reps I am programmed to do but I also did 5 more and probably did not have to stop. Sometimes your body and mind lies to you. OH Press was not as successful as I was only able to get in the prescribed number of reps. Couldn't get to 6. 

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Squats: 5@85, 5@100, 3@115, 5@135, 5@150, 10@180
OH Press: 5@50, 5@60, 3@70, 5@80, 5@90, 5@105

Time: 45 minutes
Weight: 210

No comments:

Post a Comment