Tuesday, April 21, 2015

First Workout After Beast - Run & Burpees

Back to the grind. I did the NJ Spartan Beast on Saturday and rested on Sunday. I went to the gym on Monday to work chest but for some reason the gym was not opening until noon. That is the cost of a free gym. 

Today was the first day to work out after the Beast and getting started was tough. I almost stopped but decided to grind it out since this is really a conditioning day which puts more stress on my cardio vascular system rather than muscles.

I ended up hitting my workout goal of 80 burpees in less than 8 minutes and keeps me on pace to achieve a goal of 100 burpees in less than 10 minutes. Next week is 90 burpees in 9 minutes.

Total Run Distance: 2.03 miles
Total Run Time: 20:29
Run Pace: 10:05 **there was a mix up with my phone and run keeper so I ran faster but I won't make a big deal about it except to say that I swear that I had a less than 10 minute per mile pace.

125 burpees in 14:11
80 burpees in 7:49
6.81 bpm pace

No comments:

Post a Comment