Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Run & Burpees - 70 in under 7

Woke up and was still tired and dragging from this weekend. Considered doing yoga instead of conditioning but then I remembered that your body likes to lie to you and sometimes the best thing to do to feel better is to get out and do something. So I did. And I took the attittude that I would do what I felt like doing and it would be okay. I ended up crushing my goal of 70 burpees in under 7 minutes. So much for being tired. 

Total Run Distance: 2.09 miles
Run Time: 20:08
Pace: 9:38

118 burpees in 13:07 / 70 in 6:45
6.67 bpm pace

Ironically, I wrote this in Primal Fit Life Group before I worked out:

Thinking out loud..training involves a lot of physical and mental stress. A lot of which you don't realize until after. The Muddy (1/4) Marathon on Saturday was challenging for me and I feel like I failed since I didn't finish in the time I believe I should have finished in. This "broke" my mental stress and I have been able to think more clearly since. Taking the time to mentally "de-load" and just go through the motions without set goals and enjoy my workouts in the week leading up to Saturday I am sure will help me as much as anything else. Fresh mind, fresh body.

No comments:

Post a Comment