Friday, April 3, 2015

Deadlift 5/3/1 - Cycle 3, Week 2

Since it is Good Friday the gym schedule was messed up so that it opened at 8am. This was going to make me late for work and there were many others who arrived as soon as it opened to get their work in. Needless to say there was a line at the squat rack and deadlift platform. Nobody was using the bench so I took the bar and deadlifted from the floor. As I was finishing my last set an administrator came over to me and told me that I can't do that there and that I would have to wait for a rack. Thankfully I had just finished my last set so I could comply, rerack my weights and go home. 

Why does nobody use the bench press? I am glad there are a lot of people who squat and deadlift but I thought that the bench was the most popular exercise. 

This is the second week in a row that I have not been happy with the number of reps on my last set of deadlifts. Next week I will make sure to rest on Thursday to set myself up for a killer deadlift session.

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Deadlifts: 5@125, 5@155, 3@190, 3@220, 3@250, 4@280 **grip gave out

Time: 25 minutes
Weight: 210 ** this is becoming a problem

No comments:

Post a Comment