Sunday, May 24, 2015

100% Burpees (120) & 50% Lunges

This Saturday workout was the first in adjusting my goal achievement and progressive overload to focus on one thing at a time. Since burpees didn't go well last time I made them the entire purpose of my workout today and cut back on the lunges. Hopefully this emphasis helps me continue to make progress. 

For the burpees, I started by not watching the clock the trusting myself. Turns out that was not the best idea since after 60 I finally looked and saw that I was at 6:25. The back half was all about me trying to catch the clock. I did it but should have paced myself a bit better. Lesson learned. 

My legs have been hurting me over the past week. Since the long hill run really. Running home, when I usually feel better, I felt a little bit of a twinge or tightening behind my knee. Since I am incredibly sensitive to anything that may be an injury and put me out of commisssion for an extended period of time, I cut the run short and finished walking. I still ran close to 2 miles and for 20 minutes so it wasn't a complete bail on my running but still not everything that I wanted to do.

The plan going forward is to drive to the park on Sunday for body weight and Yoga Monday so I won't even consider running again until Tuesday. On top of that, this week is a bit of a taper week for the Spartan Sprint on Saturday so Wednesday and Friday are programmed rest days. The week after is Disney when I expect to do a lot of walking but no running. Bottom line is that it will be a while before I get back into a regular running flow and that should give my body the time it needs to recuperate.

Run: 1.94 miles
Run Time: 18 minutes
Pace: 9:17

Burpees: 120 in 11:59

100 meters Lunges

No comments:

Post a Comment