Friday, May 15, 2015

Run, Burpees & Lunges

After a disappointing performance on Tuesday, I was back at the track for my conditioning workout today with the goal of accomplishing the unaccomplished. 

For burpees I tried a new technique of doing 10 burpees per minute but disciplining myself to start each round on the minute. It worked but I think that my previous method of 10 burpees with a count to 10 rest works better. It builds a cushion early that I can work off late. I don't get that cushion when starting on the minute.

For lunges, after beginner gains or 100 meters, 200 meters, 300 meters, I realized on Tuesday that I had hit a wall when going for 400 meters. But Tuesday I implemented a new set scheme that I am able to build upon. 1st set was 10, 2nd 11, 3rd 12 up to 17. Today I got up to 18. Next time will be 19, then 20 before I start laddering down. We shall see how it goes. I would like to build to 400 meters in lunges and I am sure that in time I will get there. 

Run Distance: 2.32 miles
Run Time: 21:26
Pace: 9:14

110 burpees in 10:53; 5.94 seconds per burpee

Lunge ladder to 18 - a bit over 100 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment