Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday - 1st Day of Body Weight

Today was the first day of my 100% body weight routine. Some notes include:

1 - I have to schedule my workouts according to the weather. I was aching yesterday and that extended into today but since it is going to rain tomorrow morning, I had to get a strength day in so that I can rest tomorrow and get back to conditioning on Wednesday. 

2 - The entire routine is going to take longer than I will ost probably have time and energy for on an everyday basis. Looks like the exercises will have to go into rotation. 

3 - Back bridges are hard and don't require too much upper body arm strength. Also, my shoulders are going to get huge or flame out since so much of this work is on a pull up bar or pushing/pulling

4 - I may need to look into a stretching routine. Right now I don't have a warm up routine if I don't run to the park.

Super Sets - 5x10 or AMAP


  • Rows - getting to 10 and putting more weight on one side vs another but not at full ROM
  • Push Ups - gradually shifting weight to one side to get to 1 arm push ups


  • Pull Ups - in the 2 - 3 range
  • Dips - 3 to 4 range - all done with bar in front


  • Hanging Leg Raise - 8 each set but 7, 6 on last 2. Better to do more HLRs than few Toes to Bar (done on 2nd set)
  • Back Bridge - getting from flat ground to feet elevated to 1 leg. 1 leg is tough and needs some work. Can start with small elevation next time.


Time: ??
Weight: ??

* I like this. This summer I am going by feel. Lets see how I do and what the results are after Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment