Monday, May 25, 2015

Handstand Push Ups & Back Bridge

Since I am giving my legs a few days off to recover, I went back to a former warm up that was tougher than anticipated. 

Also, when I got to the park, there were 3 other guys who really did look like they were from convict conditioning. It was kind of intimidating seeing one guy bang out reps of L-Sit Pull Ups (palms facing). However, the more I noticed what they were doing the more I saw a lack of ROM. They were also doing a lot of reps so I won't hold it against them.

Anyway, I concentrated on doing what I came to do and block them out and by the time they were leaving while I was still working out I got a fist pump of encouragement from one guy and a "what up" from the other 2. Bro props. Cool.

Probably because I am still recovering I could only get in 2 exercises and only do 4 sets instead of my planned 5. Its okay since I put in my max effort and I need to get my body back to feeling 100% again. 

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping jacks
  • 40 squats
  • 30 sit ups
  • 20 push ups
  • 10 burpees


Handstand Push Ups - 4 rounds:

  • Doing better going forward into the handstand and holding for time. Close to counting to 20.
  • Pike Push Ups - Got to 4 on the second rung


Back Bridge - 4 rounds:

  • I am starting to be able to pop up onto my head on the glute bridge
  • Bending backwards and doing push ups against the fence. Don't know how to judge/measure this
  • Hanging Leg Raise to Chin Up - this is kinda new since I am getting better with HLRs and don't know where to go with this. Sometimes Toes-to-Bar and sometimes trying to finish the HLR with a Pull Up attempt. Its all good exercise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment