Monday, May 11, 2015

Park BW - Pull/Dip, BB/HLR, HS/Pike

Still recovering from Saturday's run but was able to make it to the park and get my work in.

I notice that I really need to work on the top portion of my pull ups. I also have trouble with the push press getting the bar off my chest. I am thinking that I need to start to do partials to address this weakness.


  • Run Distance: 2.25 miles
  • Run Time: 21:27
  • Pace: 9:32


  • Pull Ups: 3, 3, 3, 2, 2 - also tried to hang at the end of each set when I don't reach 5 and that didn't go well. Really need to continue to work on these.
  • Dips: 4, 5, 4, 4, 4


  • Back Bridge: Did sets of 10 escalating the height each time. Last set was on the ground with 1 leg 5x each. I really need to work on that.
  • Hanging Leg Raise: Weakness is the hang and grip strength. I am in the 8, 7 range. 


  • Handstand: Only did 1 set 
  • Pike Push Ups: 7 with feet flat. This killed me and was the end of my workout. I am thinking that in every set I did something targeting upper body/shoulders and I just gave out. By continuing workouts like these, My upper body will be monstrous by the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment