Monday, May 18, 2015

Body Weight Monday - HS/Pike, HLR/BB

I tried to get a long run done on Sunday but just didn't have the energy. In part due to a lack of sleep with family activities. I also think that after some beginner gains, that my body is catching up and broken down. Now I need to build it back up again. All part of the process.

Today also served as a reminder that although I am doing the parts of an ultimate exercise (pistol squat, muscle up, handstand push up, back bridge, 1 arm push up), that I also should try to go for the ultimate exercise. 


  • Run: 2.23 miles
  • Time: 20:28
  • Pace: 9:12
  • Handstands - 5 sets. Now I am working more on trying to do a real handstand instead of just holding myself up against the fence for an extended period of time. Doing it on the grass in the baseball field. 
  • Pike Push Ups - 10 with feet on ground, 8, 4, 4, 4 with feet elevated
  • Hanging Leg Raises - doing sets of 10 with the first 5 being toes to bar. Made a great jump here. 
  • Back Bridges - Took a step back here with only being able to do 4 reps per set. My hamstrings and glutes are shot and hopefully I should do better as I recover.


Was supposed to do squats and RDLs but my leg is hurting and I just did what I felt like. I will let this be an opening to do more as I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment