Thursday, May 21, 2015

5x5 for Strength - 1 Arm Push Up, Pistol Squats, Muscle Ups

Got a reminder about set & rep ranges. Need to focus on 5x5 since I want to build strength. This means doing the harder versions of the exercises so that I max out at 5 reps.

I also have to remember that I am doing progressions toward 1 Arm Push Ups, Pistol Squats and Muscle Ups but I need to name the exercises that so I don't forget what I am working toward. There is a difference between doing push ups and working toward a 1 arm push up. It is slight but significant. Naming the exercises properly is part of keeping my head straight.


  • Run: 2.23 miles
  • Run Time: 20:08
  • Pace: 9:02


  • 1 Arm Push Ups - With 1 arm on the elevated feet push up bar. Need to keep my elbow closer to my body when I work the left side
  • Australian Push Ups - Need to continue to work on these and get body up & closer to bar


  • Pistol Squats - working off of the bleachers and going deep. Keeping the front half of my foot off the bench so that I am forced to work off of my heel.
  • Dips - in the 5 - 3 range but getting better ROM
  • Pull Ups - 3 per set with 1 set devoted to the top 1/3 where I am weakest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment