Friday, May 29, 2015

Run Plan

Didn't work out today but came across an article that helped remind me of how I can improve my running. Basically, more short runs can be better since short runs require less recovery. The key is to build weekly volume and rest after a long run.

So, I averaged out my weekly running volume over the past several months and it comes to 9.56 miles per week. This makes the next week's goal 10. Learning from 5/3/1 I should take a deload week very 4th week but maybe have a blowout long run on the third week. 

Sketching out the calendar going forward:
6/1 - week 1- 10 miles
6/8 - week 2 - 11 miles
6/15 - week 3 - 12 miles - BF is Saturday and that is 9.94 so I only have to run to the park once
6/22 - week 4 - deload
6/29 - week 1 - 11 miles
7/6 - week 2 - 12 miles - PA Super which will be 10 miles
7/13 - probably deload and reassess training plan going forward to the Beast. 

The Beast is at the end of the 10th week following the PA Super. 

No comments:

Post a Comment