Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday - KB1 Conditioning - July Plan

I did KB1 conditioning today since I am thinking of taking some rest days as I am starting to wear down a little but expect to be forced into some off days over this July 4th weekend.

To address the July program, couple of notes:


  • I was going too heavy in my early sets of high reps. Went back to my rep calculator and set it up so that I will be lifting appropriate weights according to the plan. Also noted my 3 rep max and goals so that I can track progress. 

  • Changing the schedule so that ideally I have a lift day, run or condition day, rest day, repeat. It may get tricky if every Sunday has to be a rest day due to church but we shall see. 

  • Going to incorporate race specific finishers into the routine. Already doing Farmer's Carry and now need to add monkey bars. 

  • Read about a rep scheme for strength 5-4-3-3-3 increasing weight each set. I am going to try this with Lat Pull downs and make sure the bar touches my chest so that I am working the top end of the pull up where I usually have trouble. 


Time: 45 minutes

Windmills: 20, 25, 30, 30, 30
High Pulls: 20, 25, 30, 30, 30
Single Leg Deadlifts: 20, 25, 30, 30, 30
Side Lunges: 20, 25, 30, 30, 30
Thrusters: 20, 25, 30, 30, 30

No comments:

Post a Comment