Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday - Back Squats - Shoulder Pain Continues

My shoulder is killing me. Yesterday I felt better and then I picked up my daughter above my head and my shoulder has been burning ever since. Really need to take things lightly and adjust my workouts on the fly.

When warming up for Front Squats I really didn't feel comfortable holding the bar on my chest so I switched to Back Squats. The weight was a bit light so I did 5 minutes of 5 reps EMOM at the end. 

This shoulder set back has me concerned but I have to realize that I have 3 months before the BattleFrog X-Treme and I can let myself heal, adjust my programming and still be in top shape by the time October 15th rolls around. Right now I am thinking about doing one lift per session with more time for conditioning at the end. I also have to work on endurance. I will figure out how to work all of this in.

Time: unknown

Back Squats: 12@27.5, 10@32.5, 8@37.5, 5@42.5, 6@45

5 minutes of 5 reps of 45 EMOM

Tried to run but calves were tight so I went on a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment