Sunday, October 23, 2016

Saturday Run with Burpees

Stretched out the run a little bit today by going into a new neighborhood. Made the course work to match my goals - a little further with the distance while adding a new burpee stop to round out the stops to 5 per loop.

Goals of 5 miles, at least 1 hour and 100 burpees achieved. If not for getting to the last burpee stop, I think that I would have finished my 5 miles within 1 hour. 

I have to admit that I killed it this week as compared to last. Last week I cheated and did not turn on my Runkeeper until after I completed my first 10 burpees. This time the Runkeeper was on the entire time so the time for those burpees were incorporated into my pace. I beat my pace from last week.

Not only that but last week I had to stop to walk several times. This time was straight running. Those are significant improvements. 

Time: 1:09
Distance: 5.65 miles
Pace: 12:18 

No comments:

Post a Comment