Monday, November 14, 2016

2017 Goals & Planning

Took the weekend off since I was called to the farm and did some thinking and planning that I am sharing in this post. It may never go anywhere but at least I have it out there. 

First off, let me sketch out my workout planning for the next year which should align with my goals and race schedule. 

First off are my goals of developing upper body strength to conquer rope climbs, platinum rigs, etc. I also want to hit strength milestones. All of my workouts will start with core strength exercises which drive me toward those goals. The secondary stuff is more race specific. 

I started thinking about this since I am noticing that I am doing a lot of work with the heaviest KB at the gym so I am looking for new things to challenge myself. These new things should have a purpose. 

Goals:

  • 1.5 Body Weight Squat
  • 2x Body Weight Deadlift
  • Body Weight Bench
  • .75 Body Weight Press


  • 2017 - Finish in top 50% of Overall, Male and Age Group Open Class for all races.


November - December, 2016:

  • Core Strength 
  • KB Finishers


January - March, 2017 (March 11 - Houston Spartan Sprint):

  • Core Strength
  • Complexes & Burpees
  • Run - 5 miles + 100 Burpees, 1 hour


March - May (May 6th Tough Mudder & May 20th Austin Spartan Super):

  • Core Strength
  • Complexes & Burpees
  • Stretch Runs for more endurance


June - October (October 28th Dallas Spartan Beast):

  • Core Strength
  • Body Weight Finishers - High Reps (50)
  • Endurance (+2 hours in the gym on Saturdays / Long Runs with Burpees when it cools down)

No comments:

Post a Comment