Tuesday, June 16, 2015

1 Arm Push Ups / Muscle Ups / Handstand Push Ups

Okay, so I am not close to any of the exercises listed in the headline but I am progressing. Of the 3, 1 Arm Push Ups is the most realistic for me to reach in the somewhat near term. 

I was supposed to work out yesterday but it was raining and I was exhausted so I made it a rest day. Now, I am trying to figure out how to get my workouts in so that I taper for Saturday's BattleFrog and build running volume to hit 12 miles for the week. Right now the game plan is to get the workouts in, from Tuesday (today) through Thursday, rest Friday and BattleFrog on Saturday. That will get me to 12 for the week. 


  • Run Distance: 2.3 miles. Goal for Week: 12 miles
  • Run Time: 20:30
  • Pace: 8:45 ** crushing the <9 minute mile pace with consistency
  • 1 Arm Push Ups: 10 fingertip push ups, 10 side to side push ups, 3x3 1 Arm with opposing arm on bar
  • Bar Body Weight Rows: 10 regular, 4x10 alternating side to side rows
  • Pull Ups: 2 chin ups, 4 hands in line x2, 3 pull ups, 3 chin ups
  • Straight Bar Dips: 5, 4, 4, 4, 5 *also trying to get up to muscle up on lower bar but no luck
  • Pike Push Ups: 9 feet flat, 5 low bar, 3 medium bar
  • Hand Stands: x3 - getting there and working on balance by getting further away from fence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment