Monday, June 8, 2015

Pull Up/Dips, Handstand Push Ups, Pistol Squats

Getting closer to handstand push ups. My balance is improving as I move my feet off teh fence when I do handstands and I have even started to dip a bit. More practice will mean more control. I am also going to higher bars for my feet on pike push ups and got to 5 reps on the 5th set. I see this as my next accomplishment.

For pistol squats, the first set was 20 body weight squats with hands behind my head, then I used the parallel bars to help me get to full ROM on pistols, then alternated to partial ROM without help. This is a progression that will take time. 

Run: 2.25 miles
Time: 20:48
Pace: 9:13

Pull Ups: 3, 3, 3, 2, 2
Dips: 5, 5, 4, 4, 5

5 Sets handstands trying to go for time and do without help from wall
5 Sets pike push ups: ground x7, bar 1 x6, bar 2 x4, 4, 5 - keeping elbows in

Pistol Squats: alternating between full ROM with assistance & partial ROM unassisted

No comments:

Post a Comment