Thursday, June 18, 2015

Back Bridges & Toes 2 Bar - Importance of Running

Read an article by Brandon Kraker on OCR and dispelling the myth of "runner's courses."

http://www.mudrunguide.com/2015/06/mythbusters-ocr-edition-runners/

Bottom line is that success in OCR depends on running and being able to do strength exercises when aerobically taxed. He also highlighted the importance of endurance runs of 10 - 14 miles and times of 1.5 - 3 hours. Basically, its great that my running is improving through frequency but I also need to get back to hill/trail running after the PA Super to prepare myself for Killington.

As far as my workout, I was dragging this morning and since this is my 3rd day in a row of working out and I am supposed to be tapering for Saturday's BattleFrog, I only got in back Bridges and Hanging Knee Raises and Toes 2 Bar. I wanted to finish the workout with Pistol Squats and 1 Arm Push Ups but that was not to be. 


  • Run Distance: 2.31 miles Total For Week: 7.2 Goal for Week: 12 **I'll get this through the 5 on Saturday's BattleFrog
  • Run Time: 21:23
  • Pace: 9:15 - dragging
  • Hanging Knee Raises: 16, 14 (grip strength gave out), Toes2Bar: 5, 7, 5
  • Back Bridge: 10 Seconds, 1 rep (tried for reps but that didn't work), 20 seconds, 24 seconds. 15 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment