Sunday, June 7, 2015

Saturday Run - Weekly Volume

My emphasis is now on weekly volume. When I got back into running for this spring and summer season, i added a mile to and from the park every day along with my 
long runs. Turns out that my body caught up to me and my leg was hurting. I rested and recovered and developed a new plan to improve. 

The new plan is to track total weekly volume instead of distance on my long run to track improvement. Since my average mileage per week was in the +9.5 mile range, I set my first goal at 10. This week worked out to 1 mile warm up on Tuesday, 3 miles in conditioning on Wednesday, 1 mile warm up on Friday. This leaves me with 5 miles to go for Saturday. Next week I will stretch out total weekly mileage to 11. 


  • Total Distance: 5.62 miles
  • Time; 51:29
  • Pace: 9:10

No comments:

Post a Comment