Thursday, June 25, 2015

Handstand Push Ups & Back Bridges

The back of my left leg is bothering me again so I drove to the park instead of running. When I did my 40 body weight squats as part of my warm up, the back of my knee tightened up and twinged. I need to listen to my body and let myself recover before the PA Super in 2 weeks. Also, erased from the workout plan today was Pistol Squats. I will be okay as long as I pace myself. 

Tomorrow is supposed to rain in the morning so that will force me to rest my legs again. Weather is helping me since tomorrow is supposed to be run/burpees/lunges. All taxing on the legs. With another day of leg rest I hope to be able to tackle a long hill/trail run on Saturday morning. I hope that plan works out.

Warm Up:

  • 50 Jumping Jacks
  • 40 Body Weight Squats
  • 30 Sit Ups
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees


  • Hand Stands: 5 sets. Working on balancing. Making progress
  • Pike Push Ups: 10 feet on ground, 4 low bar, 5 medium bar, 4 high bar, 4 high bar
  • Hanging Knee Raises: 19, 14, 17, 18, 17 **working on grip strength here and doing the bottom end of a pull up on each rep
  • Back Bridge: 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 20 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment