Monday, December 26, 2016

Saturday Run - Train to the Distance

Got my run in outside. Did it a little differently than I thought I would since I didn't keep a consistent pace and more ran at a fast pace for a while and then took a 10 - 30 second walking break. Did this many times. Overall, my pace was faster than my consistant pace on the treadmill but not as fast as I have run previously.

Interesting thinking behind this is that I am "training to the distance". So, going all out for the distance and getting better at it as opposed to working my way up to the distance. Let's see how this works out since I haev tried the other ways with not a tremendous amount of success and I may be geared for the shorter bouts of explosive exercise with short rest periods. Traditional running is slow and constant. I wonder if my bouts of explosiveness work to conquering the Houston Spartan Sprint.

Time: 55:52
Distance: 5.33 miles
Pace: 10:29

No comments:

Post a Comment