Monday, January 16, 2017

Monday - New/Old Warm Up, Deadlift Deload, Intense MMA

I am making adjustments with about 2 months to go until the Spartan Sprint. Burpees have to get back into my routine, I need to step up the conditioning, focus on upper body pull strength and get better at running. SOunds like a lot but I think that it can be done with a few simple programming adjustments. 

1 - Getting back to my old warm up of 50 jumping jacks, 40 squats, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups & 10 burpees 

2 - Getting the Bench Press and Row on the 5/3/1 program so that I am cutting down on volume there and opening up time and energy for Pulls and conditioning. 

3 - Working more Spartan Body Weight routines into my finishers

4 - Adding Burpees or running to the end of my workout - although I was unsuccessful at that today. To my credit, my warm up and the Intense MMA routin both incorporated Burpees.

Time: 35 minutes

Deadlifts: 5@37.5 / 5@52.5 / 5@65

Spartan Body Weight Intense MMA (17 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment