Monday, March 23, 2015

Bench 5/3/1 Cycle 3, Week 1

As has been the case with my workouts since Saturday, I was pressed for time today and cut out 1 super set of assistance exercises. I chose pull ups & dips since I will be doing them tomorrow as part of my park routine. 

Very proud of what I could do on the bench press today for a couple of reasons. 

First is that the run yesterday was a killer and my lower back and legs were sore. I know that doesn't effect the bench but it is always a built in excuse.

Secondly, someone was on the bench when I wanted to get on it so I was forced to do my assistance exercises first. This took a bit of steam out of me and could have effected my bench numbers. 

Lastly, and I am not sure that this fits within this list, but I really think that the body weight park work is helping me out with my bench. Not sure if I could have put up the reps on the last set without this help.

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Assistance Super Sets: 
DB Rows: 60, 65, 70, 6@75, 6@75
DB Holds: 80, 85, 90 for 20, 90 for 20, 90 for 25

Bench: 5@65, 5@75, 3@90, 5@105, 5@120, 10@140

Time: 45 minutes
Weight: 206

No comments:

Post a Comment