Monday, March 30, 2015

Long Run Cut Short

Sunday was supposed to be my long run day. Originally, I planned to go to the hills and run that but due to other obligations I need to stay local so I was going to run Hoboken and Weehawken for distance & duration.

Starting out I felt an occasional twinge through my hamstring and in the back of my knee. About 10 minutes in I decided to shut it down and not risk injury. I feel that I am prepared for the NJ Beast and pushing myself too far would only jeopardize my health for it. I followed my own advice and listened to my body, come back the next day, and stick to slow and consistent progress. 

Writing this on Monday, my leg and all up and down the left side of my posterior chain ached a bit and I believe the cause is from pistol squats. That is fine since it is a new exercise that stimulates new muscles and I will adjust. 

Distance: .93 miles
Time: 9:14
Pace: 9:57


No comments:

Post a Comment