Saturday, March 28, 2015

Park Burpees & Body Weight Exercise Revelation

Today was a quick run to the park for burpees and run back. This is my new cardio day. 

I had a revelation last night that I need to make my body weight exercises my assistance exercises at the gym. Although it is bad ass to run to the park and bust out some push ups, pull ups, and dips, I am finding that this routine is a full on strength routine that took away from my dead lifts on Friday.

Thinking back to my success of last year, I split strength and conditioning days. Therefore, starting on Monday I will do body weight exercises as my assistance exercises after my big lifts. This means that I wont be doing dumbbell rows or holds. I will make up for this by only doing rope pull ups and making sure that I do body weight rows. Tuesday and Thursdays will be a run to the park with burpees and then any other conditioning that I want to do. But just that - conditioning. Not strength.

I do have the idea of wearing a weight vest for conditioning once I don't have to wear a sweatshirt over a long sleeve compression shirt to exercise in the morning. Best to add load once it gets warmer and I can wear a short sleeve shirt. Start with 2 pounds and increase by 2 pounds every week. 

Total run distance: 2.26 miles
Total time: 21:10
Pace: 9:23

131 burpees in 17:46

No comments:

Post a Comment