Friday, March 27, 2015

Deadlifts 5/3/1 Cycle 3, Week 1

I thought that I wold do better today but again I slept in and then was gassed at the end of my deadlifts. Only got 6 reps in on the last set when I am really shooting for 10. I couldn't get myself to do assistance exercises. I was aching yesterday after the body weight routine so I guess that my body is still adjusting to the new workout regimen. 

I continue to read about how older guys need to rest more so I will take that advice. I will also take the advice that this is a marathon and I don't need to kill myself. I will have off days. I am strong enough to do the Spartan Beast in 3 weeks and don't need to over train. 

I am making progress but the load is still below my PRs. I was doing 10 reps of 260 and then more sets at the end of last year. We shall see. I will follow the program I put in place until the NJ Beast and then reevaluate. The gym schedule for the summer may have a lot to do with it since I don't know if it will be open early. Additionally, I have been concerned about my weight gain so maybe more outdoor running and conditioning will do me well for the summer months. 

Still don't know what I am going to do on Saturday and Sunday. Ideally, I will run to the park and do burpees on Saturday and then run hills on Sunday but we shall see how I feel and what time permits. I think the low end work out is Yoga on Saturday and running duration on Sunday through Weehawken and Hoboken. I really can't complain if that is the end result. 

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Deadlifts: 5@125, 5@145, 3@170, 5@205, 5@235, 6@265

Time: 30 minutes
Weight: 209

No comments:

Post a Comment