Monday, March 30, 2015

Bench 5/3/1 Cycle 3, Week 2 - BW Assistance Exercises

A couple of things to note is that I am working to get the most out of every rep. This includes slowly lowering the bar to my chest and pausing before pushing the weight upward. I do the warm up sets very slowly with my eyes closed in order to feel the muscles being stimulated. On the first two work sets I push the bar explosively. On the last work set I am going for total number of reps so all alternate techniques are thrown out the window. 

This is also the first day that I am using my body weight routine as my assistance exercises. I am not tracking them the way that I have tracked others since I am leaving it up to myself to increase and decrease leverage to make each set as challenging as it can be. For two arm exercises I am doing sets of 5 while 1 arm exercises are sets of 10 alternating between each side so each side gets 5.

I am using the Smith Machine for the body weight rows as well as the dips. I am also using benches to elevate my feet for push ups and rows. Finally, in order to increase grip strength, I am doing as many pull ups using the rope as I can.

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Bench: 5@65, 5@85, 3@100, 3@115, 3@130, 10@145

Assistance Super Sets: 

  • Body Weight Rows
  • Push Ups
  • Dips
  • Pull Ups


Time: 60 minutes
Weight: 205

No comments:

Post a Comment