Monday, March 9, 2015

Bench Press Cycle 2 Week 3 & Burpee Pull Ups

After burpees and a sandbag carry on Saturday and burpees and a long run on Sunday I was glad to see the gym packed and the squat rack occupied so that I could put off a leg workout until Wednesday. 

The burpee pull ups are part of a challenge, My goal is to do 200 of them this week. I am off to a good start. I was planning to do 5 sets of 10 but decided to do 10 sets of 5 so that I could do 5 good ones each set. Now that I have done them I need to challenge myself to do 5 sets of 10. 

Warm Up: 5 minutes rowing

Bench Press: 5@55, 5@70, 3@95, 5@120, 3@135, 4@150

  • Would have liked to have done more on the last set
  • All reps leading up to the last set were done extremely slowly with long pauses at the bottom. Since I am not dealing with max load I am getting the most I can out of every rep.


50 burpee pull ups. 10 sets of 5 varying grip each set.

Time: 45 minutes
Weight: 207

No comments:

Post a Comment