Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Park Bodyweight

Since this is my deload week from the 5/3/1 and the Stevens gym is closed in the morning due to spring break, I am glad to put this workout together. It is actually very challenging and really not something for a deload week.

My goals are to get to be able to do 1 arm push ups, Pistol squats and muscle ups. I finish off with the burpee challenge for my conditioning and all of this is sandwiched in between a 1 mile run to and from the park.


  • Run 1 mile to the park
  • 1 arm push up and ring row 5x5 Super Set
    • I am working on my 1 arm push ups my slowly putting more weight on individual arms. I am doing the best that I can and expect slow improvement.
    • Ring rows are done with weight shifted to individual arms.
  • 1 leg squats 5x5 each leg
    • I tried using the pole to hang on to for balance but that really doesn't work for me. The course of action is to do them without assistance and continually work on my depth. I am not sure but I may be getting my ass at or below my knee already. Nevertheless, I know I have more work to do here.
  • Pull Ups & Dips 5x5 Super Set
    • I am not getting 5 pull ups every set but still working on it. The grip is different and taxing new muscles. The key is to continue doing pull ups to get better at them.
    • My shoulder started hurting again when doing dips. Limited sets to 5 reps each. Was able to do that with just a little pain.
  • 120 burpees in 15:50
    • 120 in 16 minutes would have been 10 burpees in 1:30 pace. I need to continue to bring it down to 10 burpees per minute. 
    • Good news is that I had less sets that I paused within the 10 reps.
  • Run 1 mile home



  • Total running time: 20:21
  • Total running distance: 2.12 miles
  • Pace: 9:36 per mile

No comments:

Post a Comment