Thursday, March 12, 2015

Park Bodyweight Routine, Day 1

I have been looking forward to this day for a while. The snow is basically melted and I am ready to hit the park regularly for a body weight routine. One problem is that they are doing construction at the park and it is supposed to be closed. They had better either wrap up construction quickly or just leave me alone. I am sure that the earlier that I get there, the less problem I will have. 

The goals of this routine are:

  • Increase my running frequency
  • Build strength through 1 arm push ups and pistol squats
  • Improve my conditioning - Tabata sprints / burpees


Body Weight Workout:

  • Run ~1 mile to the park in > 10 minutes
  • 5 sets of 5 for each arm of 1 arm push ups
  • Super Set ring rows sets of 10 alternating arms (5 each)
  • 5 sets of 5 for each leg of pistol squats
  • 50 burpee pull ups with alternating grips (part of a challenge - up to 150 for the week)
  • 48 burpees in 5 minutes. 
    • Goals are: 50 in 5, 100 in 10, 150 in 15
  • 17 burpees to get to the 115 in the daily burpee challenge
  • Run ~ 1 mile home in >10 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment